Thursday, November 27, 2008

I beg for days to know

Yes. It is late. But I needed to fix my budget spreadsheet before I forgot. And I did. It is now awesome.

I am feeling in a relatively good mood. Being productive has that affect on me. Also, I got two Christmas presents done today. :D

Thanksgiving is tomorrow (today!) and I approach it with mixed feelings. Being allergic to gluten leaves a lot to be desired when eating. I can spend a fortune on gluten-free, almost normal tasting foods, but it costs (ha ha, sob) a fortune. I am not made of fortunes.

So this gluten free thanksgiving is the first of forever many. My family, though, has been entirely lovely and accommodating. My parents have invested in gluten free stuffing, pie, and something else I cannot recall. Lucky me, potatoes and jello and turkey do not have gluten in them or even in their foody minds. How truly awesome.

My sister, who is supremely cool, has taken to going gluten free too. We both have killer stomach problems and she is trying all kinds of things to see what helps. She was (perhaps still is?) going dairy free. She cut out high acidic foods. And now, no gluten.

Lack of gluten is rough. But I am determined to live, not survive--live, and to eat yumminess.

No comments: