Friday, July 10, 2009

Caffeine and Headaches

I am prone to migraines. I have been this way for almost two years. Lame. In January, I went back to my neurologist for some medicated help. I asked for something non-addictive that wouldn't hurt my sensitive stomach. He prescribed me something and I went on my way.

Now, 7 months and three refills later, I find myself with awful headaches that require me to take my little pill a few times a day. The conclusion drawn is... I am addicted to caffeine. My Dad looked the medication up on the interweb and found it's SUPER FULL of caffeine. And I've been downing it like crazy. So I'm crazy addicted to caffeine now.

I hate being dependent on a thing. A drug. I HATE IT. I spent my life avoiding sodas and heavily caffeinated things so that I would not have this addiction. And I got it anyway because no one told me I was taking it. I am severely upset by this.

Which leads me to my current predicament. Day four of caffeine withdrawl. Yes. I cut myself off cold turkey. And it's awful and painful. Terrible headaches. But it'll be worth it once the addiction is gone. I am determined in this. And as such, I don't have too awful of a headache right now. Just a little one. Here's hoping it doesn't grow throughout the day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can do it. I believe