Friday, July 17, 2009

Where disappointment and regret... Collide

Not really. It's just a great line.

I met a very cool lady this week. She's a singer in LA, but visiting the bay area for a few weeks before she starts he album. Very chill and good people. Russian, so there was a nifty accent.

We discussed music and our passion for it, and my art. She said some things that really made me think. I can't really repeat what she said, for the exact words have mushed away and the deeper meaning is all that remains. Like the film of the ocean on my skin.

I am very afraid of really starting the process of drawing my special project. I keep starting and restarting. I get a few pages in and set the drawings aside in displeasure. And it's getting me nowhere. I feel disappointed in myself whenever I do it, and I dislike that feeling.

Really, though, I just need to do it. Just pour myself into it and draw it. I can go back and redraw things later. But if I don't move, I'll never get there.

So I picked up an old version. One I still like to look at. It's detailed and lovely. And I'm going from where I left off. I'm restarting the last page I left half done, but that's fine. And so far, it looks good. When I have 10+ pages done, I'll show them here. Maybe.

I'm shy.

No comments: