Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rather arbitrary things I want in my life

A Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Biscuit.

A personal library, complete with squishy arm chairs, a window seat, nice lamps, and heavy curtains.

Secret doors and cupboards, everywhere, full of charming things.

An art/crafting studio (less arbitrary and more necessary, but, hey).

A big big bed (California King).

A big cedar chest, full of quilts.

A rack for my scarves.

An old, creaky house to live in, with a big, sturdy swing outside, under a tree that has good leaf changing colors. I'm not choosy about the tree.

---

All of these things are reasonably gettable. My current life style isn't conducive to them, but one day, I am hopeful to have them.

But they are arbitrary. They are not necessary, except the corgi and the art studio. Maybe the library and the bed (being long is rough).

I don't know, they feel pretty necessary or not difficult to do, so I look at them and think, "Is it so silly to want them?" I guess even my dreams and desires stay within a realm of "can do" rather than lofting up my wishes into "no, don't be silly." Like flying through space to see a nebula. I'd like to do that too. It isn't on my list though. I'm not that silly.

But, currently, my life is confined to a 10' by 10' room, and two shelves in a garage. I have a desk in the same, cold garage where I can make art and paint, but it is a cold place. I also have a 3' by 6' area in the garage that currently is the home of all of my storage boxes, yet to be stored. But that's my life, there. I haven't the space to spread out in, to make my own.

So one day, I imagine I will have that corgi and that art studio and that bed and a library and a person to share it all with. I didn't put a person to share it all with on that list, you notice. That person is not arbitrary.

No comments: