Friday, September 04, 2009

A day that is really two days

Today was an interesting day. Why? I shall tell you. At this moment. Please proceed below.

Here.

And here.

Also, here. Good, I have you now.

I suppose my "interesting day" began last night when I watched a documentary called, "People Like Us" with my family and it brought to the realization that I am a high quality individual. Not that I did not know this, but I had forgotten. Or something akin to forgetting (Ignoring?). Such a realization instilled a burning panic that screamed, "Buy new clothes!"

So we went to Gilroy this morning, and my father was kind to me and invested some money into a very nice wardrobe for me, including but not limited to, 2 new skirts, 2 blazers, a silk blouse, and a white collar shirt. Also, a pair of caramel colored heels.

It's like my legs are dipped in caramel, making them delicious and desirable (Food analogies are the best).

I then proceeded to my sisters house to hold the baby while she had a very important conversation with a very important man about her very important book which she has devoted very important years to. The result? A fabulous, epic win.

An agent.

There was a lot of excitement when the phone turned off, followed by the phone reactivating as she called some loved ones. I was lucky and heard it first, being in the room with her. The baby was asleep and also has no conscious memory yet. I think.

This happening made me feel unaccomplished for a while. Then I realized that I am 22 years old, in college, teaching myself the guitar, writing 4 novels simultaneously, illustrating a graphic novel I spent 5 years writing, and saving infrequent dollar amounts to have an opportunity to sell my art in a public forum.

So, I'm not doing so bad.

No comments: