Monday, March 31, 2008

My spoon is too big

So, the past week, I have been on lent. Or rather, something that is very like, but not the exact same as lent. Basically, lent with a different name.

What have I lented? (new word, use it) Internet. Most internet. Specifically!

Facebook
MySpace
Instant Messaging (except in emergencies)
And I have tried to keep from blogging.

I have created a rewards system for myself. Every week I go without, I get to buy myself a book. :3 Yee!

I suspect I must add YouTube to that list because it is VERY distracting. Goodness.

Anyway. Why I have lented these things away!

I spend far too much time on the computer being lazy youtubing, facebooking, myspacing, and whatever else. And I need to spend more time being real and doing real things. Like spending time with the family. Reading books. Drawing. Walking. Singing. Writing.

I've been writing! I wrote a short story, six pages long, that no one will ever read. Ever. I'm shy. But I enjoyed it.

Right. Well. Yes.

Don't Expect much from me on this front. Or any other front. I'm off being whatever I want to be.

1 comment:

Grant said...

Real life FTW :)