Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I promised my I'd never be in an occupation I didn't love

Okay, so today I was listening to the radio (a rare occurence, but my Dad likes it) and Sean Hannity was chewing out some loser for whining about how he can't afford a house because he is doing the job of his choice. He didn't want to get a second job because he thought he wouldn't have any time to be with his family. Sean ripped him a new one on how unamerican that was. It's a long story.

But it made me think on how I'm sitting around complaining on how my classes are requiring so much work. *Whine* And how stupid I sound because I didn't really know how much time this would take. So I did the math!

7 days in the week, each day with 24 hours; that's 168 hours in a week. If I sleep 8 hours a day, that gives me 112 hours of consciousness in the week. I spend 14 hours a week physically in a classroom, and 4 hours doing church related business. Thence, I have 94 hours to fill.

Now, each class requires some odd hours of work per hour of class. With that math scheme, I have approximately 28 hours of studying/homework to do each week. That reduces my 94 to 66. I need to study for the SAT, which should total out to 12 hours a week (roughly 2 hours a day). And so, all that laid out...

I have 55 hours of free, conscious time a week. I have no idea why I am complaining. No idea at all. ^__^ 55 hours to read, write, draw, nap, play games, watch TV, and be social!!!

I've also roughed out timely sketches of each day for me.

Mondays/Wednesdays: In school for 2 hours, study for 4.5 hours, SAT for 2 hours, leaving me 7.5 hours of fun.

Tuesdays/Thursdays: In school for 6 hours, study for 4.5 hours, SAT for 2 hours, leaving me 3.5 hours of fun. On tuesday I have institute though.

Fridays/Saturdays: I study for 4.5 hours, SAT for 2 hours, leaving me 9.5 hours of fun.

Sundays: I'm at church for 4 hours (get there early, leave a bit late), I can study for 4.5 hours, SAT for 2, leaving me 7.5 hours.

It's probably a bit off, but it gives me comfort to know I have so much free time still. ^_^ I just need to manage my time accordingly. Sleeping earlier, waking earlier.

Tonight, I am going to Kay's to watch the Relief Society Broadcast with the female portion of the ward. Of course, that's after we eat lemon chicken and various other deliciously, home made chinese dishes.

No comments: