Thursday, April 20, 2006

Amakena

My mom did me a kindness and wrote about "Amakena" my blog title. My mom writes the stories about the family. First words, funny stories, etc. I'm in there a few times.

Today, though, was a nice day. Interesting, but nice. I changed between classes (yes, that 4.5 hour gap between them) and came out of the bathroom with my shoes in one hand and a shirt in the other, a shirt I had intended to layer over top of my fitted red sparkly one. I was fully intending to put my shoes on and the pink shirt over top my red one. But Ganelle cried out against that idea. Cami seconded it. And in a moment I had the whole room telling me not to cover the red shirt because it looked "hot" on me. I was going to cover it up because I figured it was too short, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it not too short. Huzzah for long enough shirts! So I left it the way it was.

We played Apples to Apples during lunch forum because it was Bobby's birthday. I gave him a birthday kiss on the cheek and Derk and Kris decided to be funny (it doesn't always work for them) and to demand they get birthday kisses too. But as rule, I never give out birthday kisses unless it's their birthday and I told them so. So they insisted it was their birthdays. So, it ended up me telling Derk I knew his birthday was in September (specifics weren't known to me at the time, it turned to be the 6th) and guessing what day Kris's was. I guessed wrong but 6 months. I guessed June 16th and the guys (this is where the attempted hilarity came in) decided to pretend I was right just long enough to raise my hopes. And then dash them. Little punks. It was kind of funny, looking back on it. But no birthday kisses unless it's your birthday! And Bobby only got one cause he's so sweet and would never ask for one unlike some of my friends.

I learned how to play Cut Throat and 9 ball today too. I won 9 ball and lost Cut Throat, but they were fun! I love playing pool. I used to be shockingly bad at it, but now I get excellent shots in often enough.

I got my math done barely in time to turn it in. And took good notes. Math's good this quarter.

We sure do love the weekend!

No comments: