Saturday, April 22, 2006

I'm sorry I was too distracted by the fire

All right. I was way too tired to write last night. I mean, way too tired. It were bad.

So, after my excursion to the high school, Laura came over. And because Laura was here and Karren was here and I was here and Mom was here, we divided up the new Georgette Heyer books amoungst us. I'm fairly pleased with what I got, mostly because I didn't have many to begin with. Yee!

Then Kay called to tell me we were having a bonfire at the beach. Well, needless to say, I was off to Kay's. Kay, Tim and I left her house around 7:45. As we drove, I whipped out my cell phone and called everyone on my list. And Kay had me call everyone I couldn't think of. We ended up getting the Jared's to commit to coming and they said they'd bring friends.

Well, we got to the beach at 8:30 (we had to feed Tim on the way, he was starving) and saw all the fire pits were in use. So our newly fueled Tim ran all over the beach in search of a fire pit. We found none, so we dug a hole and made one there.

It was a good night to be at the beach. There almost no wind and it was fairly warm. I accidentally kicked this ball that was sitting on the beach when we arrived into the water, so I had to chase it down the beach trying to retrieve it. And did. And drown. Or got my pants all wet, at least.

The Jared's showed up with Amy and Tyson at 9 and we sat around the fire talking and kicking the ball around. Frisby had brought his guitar so everyone who could play had a go on that, though mine was fairly pathetic. But I did play a little bit.

After the fire was dying down, everyone admitted to being hungry to the extreme and we went to Denny's. I owe Jared 6 bucks because he bought me a waffle. He won't let me pay him back, either. But I will. I'm sneaky like that. But we got to Denny's at 11, got our food at 12, and left at 12:30. It was a long time and I was super hungry. On the way back to the car, Kay and Tim and I were so tired and so full, we started babbling to each other and carrying on conversations in babble. It was really funny.

We were on the road for home at 12:30. And we were almost dead silent from being so tired the whole ride home. There was music and driving. That's it. I got home a little after 1, took a shower to de-smoke myself, and was in bed by 3. And by the time I was crawling into bed, I was swaying from exhaustion. I haven't felt that tired in a long long time. But, I fell asleep faster than I can remember too.

Now, today. I have a hair cut in half an hour! Hurray!

No comments: