Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A sudden thought

Today, Cami and I had a little argument. I was still feeling stung by what he and some of my other guy friends said yesterday. I know they didn't really think about what they said (or maybe they did and I'm just making excuses for them) but it hurt. So, yeah.

When I walked into the institute today, Jessica was telling Cami he couldn't go a whole day without insulting anyone. He said he could. They pade a deal to do it tomorrow. We shall see. I have 4 and a half hours between classes in which Cami would mess us. Hm.

After Jessica left, Cami asked me and Ganelle if he really does say hurtful things. We looked at each other and pursed our lips. He laughed in that nervous sort of way, hoping we were kidding. I wish we were, but we had to admit he could say some mighty stinging things at times. He asked when, probably hoping we'd fail to discover a time, and I pointed out yesterday.

At some point at institute yesterday, I was sitting on the couch with Jon, Cami and Derk (that I fondly refered to as Don Jon, Cameron, and Derk the Jerk when I'm mad at them and they aren't around) and somehow we all go onto the topic of girls and guys. They talked about the way reference the level of hotness a girl has. Butter faces (nice body, but her face...), hotties with a body, and various other things. So I decided to give in and to share how girls rank the degree of a guy's attractiveness.

A nice guy, is a guy who has a good personality and not too looky-looky. They may not be ugly but they aren't "fine." A hot guy, is a guy with nothing but looks. And a cute guy, is a guy with an awesome personality and good looks. A good combo. I convinced them that it's not a bad thing to be called a "cute guy" by a girl.

After more talking, I mentioned quietly how I wouldn't mind knowing what people said about me when I wasn't around. Then the hurtings began. Each of the three guys, together as one, inhaled sharply and said "Noooo, no you don't." Now how am I supposed to take that? That is some serious wounding for a girl. It'd be bad enough if one said it and the others chastized him or agreed in a joking way, but they did it together. That couldn't be planned. It was real. Which means, they don't say nice things about me when I'm not around.

So, I had to refresh Cami's memory on that. Well, he apologized for it. And yesterday afternoon, Jon and I played pool for an hour and he was very sweet and said nice things to me, so I forgave him too. I'm sure it won't be long before Derk the jerk gets back on my happy list. One can't stay mad at someone so delicious (inside joke, don't read into that, family).

And hey--it's late, I have weight lifting tomorrow morning, math homework to be fresh awake for, and 4 and a half hours in which nothing will happen between the two classes. But that doesn't mean I don't need a good nights sleep.

No comments: