Friday, September 07, 2007

Rilo Kiley is the awesome

Tonight was my birthday surprise with Karren. Every year, she takes me somewhere and it's always a blast. The last 3 years we've done amazing musicals. This year? A Rilo Kiley concert. I am so happy, I can hardly breathe. She handed me the tickets and I screamed and jumped up and down! OH! So awesome! And we had a super yummy dinner and desserts!

And we got the best parking because of my handicap placard! A block away! And the only stood in line for 10 minutes or so, and then got killer KILLER seats! We were on the ground level, in the front section. But on the second tier, in the front, so we got to lean on the rails and had no one blocking our view!!! And the opening band was awesome (Grand Ol Party) and then Rilo Kiley came out!

Jenny wore this awesome gold mini dress, and gold shoes! And Blake wore some awesome shirt and slacks and a vest--looked slick! And they were SO good! Playing old classic songs (Arms Outstretched, Spectacular View) and new ones (Portions for Foxes, Silver Lining). OH, when Silver Lining came on, they threw these GIANT silver balls out into the crowd and we smacked them around! And at the climax of the song, one of them popped and gold confetti flew EVERYWHERE! And the rest popped! Later, Jenny pulled two fans onto the stage to dance!

I'm so tired!

My voice is shot, and my ears a bit ringy.

I'm so happy!

1 comment:

Dolyn said...

Oh em gee, go to bed you!!
And happy late birthday. We should go out sometime to celebrate it and mine. Because I totally forgot mine was coming up too.