Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A burrito isn't a burrito without black beans

What a long long long day this has been.

I met some new people in weight lifting. Spencer and Tad. Nice guys. After I got back to the institute, I changed and played a game of pool with Derk. He left halfway through because his brother and nephew came to get him. That was the cutest little boy EVER. Copper red hair and the shiest face. Sooooo cute! I died. So Derk left and Jon finished the game for him. And, I swear, the spirit of Derk remained because Jon beat me! *grump* Once you start a game, you remain with it, I suppose.

After everybody left, I got out my math and for 3 hours, I worked on math. Cami came and went as he pleased and we had such fun together! We laughed and he showed me how nooses work and it was good. I ended up spending 2 and half hours on one math problem, gave up, and did the other one. Once in class, I asked him to go over it. Which he did. But it didn't make sense still. There were some numbers a little off. So I asked him about it. We remained confused. So he's going to solve it himself between now and thursday (he was reading out of the book) and let me know how it turns out. How exciting! It's like a book! A math book! Which... isn't that exciting. *cough*

I was starving and had been doing math for 6 hours when I got home. Dad had made black bean salsa soup. It was SO good! Everybody ate some and it made us joyful. I'm all full and happy.

I think I'm going to miss institute again. I have an art project due tomorrow and math to work on. I have pages and pages and pages of math due on thursday. A review. I need to review for the exam. Thing. Not quite an exam, really. I mean, come on. My math teacher calls quizzes "quizzy poo's." Why? I cannot say for I do not know. He's crazy. But the majority of his craziness is good.

I'm really tired. I need to do my art. At a reasonable speed so I can Bond with my family

No comments: