Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh you are my star

I bought a CD off iTunes. I spent a long time trying to find the least expensive way to get this CD and this was the cheapest way. And the only way. But I sure do love Eisley.

And so today. Or maybe yesterday? I went to weight lifting. Very silly peoples there. Ha ha, and the notorious rakes (only Stuart shall understand). I played Settlers of Catan with Cami and Ganelle afterwards. I won once and then Cami beat me (mercilessly). Ganelle was thoroughly distracted by her homework, so, we killed her.

They left sometime and I was left to read Beauvallet. Such a cool romance book. Pirates are sweet and romance is cool, so a good combo.

Then Kris showed up and I became flustered. But having that... conversation with him did make me come to a realization. That there is a difference between the thoughts behind religious testimonies and the thoughts behind political views. That being that when one is building ones testimony, you are finding "proofs" for what you wish to believe. You are finding truths that support your case. And the more you search, the more you will find supporting your cause, and you will build it up. But, the thought behind political views is to decide what you believe and to disprove everyone elses ideas. That's why "political discussions" between two people of opposite political views always turn into arguments; you aren't supporting your ideas, you are disproving theirs. Hence, I loathe politics. They make people angry and frustrated. Both feelings I hate. And that's why I love religion and testimonies. Because you don't depend on others being wrong to be right. You depend on yourself and your ability to discover truths. It's so much simpler and more pleasant.

I shared that with Carolyn and we both felt edified.

I finished my math homework with little terror and went off to math class. Took some notes, did half of my homework in class, and showed the score of a quiz to him so I got credit for it. That should amp up my grade a little bit.

When I left I remembered Ryan was having a little party so I went there and we played Hand and Foot. We ate pizza and I enjoyed that game a lot, now that I think back on it... hm. Then we played Super Smash Brothers, which I am not too terrible at but Ryan is better than us to a startling degree easily defined as unfair. Then, I taught everyone how to play Mao. Such a good game. You learn to play and think "I hate this!" and then suddenly, you love it. It's sweet!

Today, I slept in because art was canceled. Went to school and arrived early so I chilled in institute with Cami, Ganelle, and Derk. Derk was sore from his sky diving convention (and a trip into a briar patch) so I gave his back a massage (and he grateful). Then I was off to english to turn in my six pages of writing. The in class writing wasn't too bad either.

I got home sometime and made some food and rested in front of the TV (there was horrible traffic coming home from an accident).

Now I shall shower. Then finish my math. Et cetera.

No comments: